Today we did juicy mayo chicken two ways with bacon green beans. – feeds 4 and takes about 30-45 minutes.
It’s basically chicken covered in mayo with your favorite seasoning(s). I did it two ways today, one is Garlic Chipotle and the other is Jack Daniels.
What you’ll need:
– Chicken (I used 6 thighs for this recipe)
– Mayo (maybe about 1/4 cup to spread on both sides of meat)
– Your favorite seasoning(s)
– 2 Cups Fresh green beans
– 1 Cup Bacon (I use the ends and pieces you can get this in a pack at the grocery store)
– 1/2 table spoon Minced Garlic
– Crispy Garlic [OPTIONAL] (I purchased a bag of crispy garlic that I topped this with-hold on this if you are doing keto!)
Season the chicken by removing the skin (if necessary) and doing a nice layer of mayo on all sides. Add your favorite seasoning. (I season one side at a time to keep all the goods on the chicken)
Top with salt & pepper
From here put your smoker on smoke for a good 5-10 minutes. If using a grill just preheat until to high temp.
After your smoker has been on smoke, turn the heat to high. This will put a nice crisp to your chicken. This should cook for about 20 minutes depending on the size/thickness of your chicken.
While this is cooking, trim and blanch your fresh green beans.
Put your bacon pieces into a pan and crisp up. Once semi-cooked add in your green beans and garlic and sauté until bacon is fully cooked and beans still have crisp to them.
You can top with crispy garlic if you prefer but this is not required – I like the extra crunch and punch of flavor.
Check the internal temp of your chicken to make sure it is fully cooked at 165°F prior to removing from the smoker. If fully cooked, turn your smoker to shut down mode and let rest for 5 minutes.
Plate up and ENJOY!