Easy 30 Minute Meal!
What you’ll need:
– Ribeye Steak (or any other type of Steak you prefer)
– Fresh or frozen Shrimp
– Fresh or Frozen Flounder (or favorite fish) [OPTIONAL – if you’re doing all shrimp, continue with recipe as usual]
– Olive Oil/Avocado Oil (I prefer Avocado Oil)
– Salt + Pepper
– Minced Garlic
– Cajun Seasoning
– Butter (I use Kerrygold Salted Buter)
All seasonings used will be linked below.-
Prep: Marinate Shrimp + Fish for 30+ minute prior to cooking. The longer they marinate the better, but don’t go past 24 hrs.
For this recipe, I did both shrimp + 2 pieces of Flounder because I didn’t have enough shrimp to feed 3+ people)
Marinade: (use for both fish + shrimp, or if you’re just doing a double batch of shrimp, use for all shrimp)
– 1+ 1/2 tablespoon Avocado Oil (or oil of choice – avocado oil has a higher smoke/boiling point that olive oil, when on the smoker at a high temp this is preferred)
– 1/2 tablespoon Minced Garlic (or more, if you’re like me and LOVE flavor)
– 1 teaspoon Salt + Pepper
– 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
– Eyeball Lemon Zest + 1 teaspoon lemon juice (add this about 30 minutes prior to cooking, as the acid in this breaks down the fibers in the fish causing it to break down) – if you don’t have a fresh lemon, you can just use juice or find another acidic fruit like orange it will just be a little sweeter
Season steak with your favorite steak seasoning. I coat with about a 1/2 teaspoon of avocado oil on all sides and used Flavor God’s Steak + Chop Seasoning as well as Miners Mix XXX-Garlic to coat nicely.
Set smoker to ‘smoke’ for 5-10 minutes then turn the temp to High. Once to 400F+, you are good to start cooking! Or if you’re using a grill, preheat on medium until you reach a high temp then start.
Add the steak first and have on for about 10-15 minutes flipping half way in between depending on your preferred cook. For medium rare (more rare) leave on for 10 minutes, medium leave on for about 15, and well leave on for 20+. Or use a thermometer to determine your preferred cook temp.
Once at preferred temp, pull off and add about a 1/2 table spoon of butter. I used Kerrygold pure salted butter, and added a bit of the Flavor God Steak + Chop salt residue on top of the butter. Let rest about 10 minutes before slicing
While your steak rests – add your shimp and/or fish to the smoker. It’s best to add directly to the grill, or if you have a grill plate like me (easier clean up) you can use this. As well as a sliced lemon cut in half – smoked lemon as a topper for both of these when they’re done is FANTASTIC (plus, you can use in your beverage of choice as well 😉
Keep the shrimp + fish on for about 10 minutes MAX while flipping half way through to get a nice char on both sides.
Pull off carefully, squeeze a little lemon on top and plate! Cut your steak against the grain for the most tender/buttery bite.
With all this excitement to eat, don’t forget to turn your smoker to “shut down mode”.
If you want a little extra flavor, here’s a drink you can make as well.
– Jim Beam Red Stag (or any whiskey/bourbon of your choice)
– Ultima Lemonade Electrolyte powder (zero cal/zero sugar GET IT!)
– A squeeze of your smoked lemon juice
Shake + Pour over ice